Each generation rebels against the values and fashions of the last, often unaware that they’re drawing on the fashions of their grandparents. Take the Negroni. It’s now the height of cocktail sophistication, but the chances are your grandparents knocked them back like alcopops.
- 70ml Dry London gin (e.g. Beefeater)
- 5ml (approx.) of Noilly Prat
- 5ml Juice from pickled onions jar
- Pickled onion(s)
- Mix the vermouth and pickled onion juice over ice.
- Strain out the vermouth and juice.
- Add the gin and stir (approx 30 times)
- Double strain into martini glass (ideally from the freezer)
- Garnish with pickled onion(s)