City A.M. Limited is a privately owned company on the forefront of reporting on Finance, Business, Technology and Lifestyle content; we publish a free daily newspaper, the City A.M. magazine, the cityam.com website and we host a number of events and the City A.M. Club.
We are committed to preserving and protecting your privacy. This policy forms part of the City A.M. terms and will help you understand how we use and protect the data obtained from using our website.
City A.M. uses the information collected to monitor and improve the services offered. The information collected also allows us to make sure we can provide a personalised service unique to every individual user. We also use the information we collect to sell the advertising space on our website – this allows us to keep our services free for all people who would like to use them.
2. Information Collection
We collect information:
- When you fill in a form on our site
- When you sign up to receive our newsletter(s)
- When you sign up to our paper delivery service
- When you use our website
- When you sign up for one of our events
- If you participate in any research we undertake
- If you contact us about a query or a complaint
- If you carry out a transaction on our website
Whenever disclosing personal information through our forms there will be further details of why we are collecting the information asked for.
We want to make sure it is as easy for you to opt out of our services as it is to opt in. By subscribing to our newsletters you give us permission to send you newsletter updates and you also subscribe to our marketing email list. This allows us to keep our newsletters free of charge and at a high editorial standard. All emails sent by City A.M. will always give the option to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
For our paper delivery service we will ask for your delivery address, email address and contact details (for example a mobile or office phone number).
When subscribing to our events and you will be asked to supply us with information such as your name, email, and/or postal address depending on the type of event so that we can provide you with the requested services.
By participating in a voluntary survey we may also ask for additional information such as gender, age, date of birth, marital status, etc.
Users visiting our website will not be personally identifiable. We will be collecting generic and behavioural information (length of your visit, what sites/pages you visited and clicked on, your IP address, browser and operating system, where you were when you visited and what type of device you visited from, etc.)
If we anonymously collect any sensitive personal data (such as political opinions, religion, etc) for research purposes it will always be optional and we will remind you at the time of the purpose and of how the data is processed.
Our service is aimed at adults over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 we request you do not give us information about yourself. If you are between 13 and 18 we ask you to seek your parents/ guardians permission before providing us with any information.
City A.M. relies on consent from users for sending newsletter, marketing emails and personalised advertising.
By signing up to our free newsletter(s), you are consenting to receive promotional emails. We will never give, sell or rent your email address to any other companies. And if you want to stop receiving our free emails at any time, you can immediately unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email. We work with brands in the finance, lifestyle, education, and luxury sector and can present you with outstanding offers by working with these brands. You will only ever receive promotional emails which have been given permission by City A.M. These partners will not have access to your email addresses and the message will be sent from City A.M.
When you have registered for an event with us we may contact you for further information which is relevant for the event.
If you enter a competition on cityam.com we will be processing your data in order to select a winner.
4. Sharing Data
We work with storage providers and data processors which perform some tasks on our behalf. These providers are obliged not to share information with any other party or to use the information for any other purpose. Any third party data processing is subject to the privacy standards laid out in this statement and applicable law.
Any non-personally identifiable data may be disclosed to describe our user, traffic and sales patterns to reputable third parties (prospective advertisers, investors, etc).
We reserve the right if required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain type of personal information to law enforcement organisations.
5. Data Storage and Retention
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. Transmissions are at the risk of the user. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the services required.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. We will then remove you from our mailing list and delete your data.
If you would like us to delete your data please let us know (see Your Rights).
In certain circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so you can no longer be identified. We may use anonymised data indefinitely.
6. Other websites and providers
7. Your Rights
You as a consumer have rights when it comes to data processing and storage.
- We will inform you at every point we collect data and ask for you permission
- You are entitled to know what personal data we have collected from you. If you send us a ‘Subject Access’ request and two forms of identification we will be able to let you know what data we hold on you within 30 days. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information.
- You have the right to amend your personal data at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
- If you wish to stop receiving our services, you have the right to request all your personal data be anonymised. You can contact us at any point and give us the email address(es), name(s), address(es), etc that you may wish us to delete.
- Processing restrictions: you may opt out or restrict the processing of your data by amending the following:
- Unsubscribing your email address
We deal with any questions or complaints made by you or legally on your behalf.
If you would like to contact us please email email@example.com. Any letters should be addressed to City AM Ltd, 3rd Floor, Fountain House, 130 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 5DJ or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.What, Why and How
A cookie and similar tracking technologies such as tags, scripts and beacons are small files (hereafter referred to as cookies) downloaded on to your device when you access most websites and allows sites to recognise the device if it makes a return visit.
There are different types of cookies used for different purposes. There are cookies where we give you the option to opt in/ opt out but there are some that are essential. As laid out in the Terms and Condition statement, we cannot control other websites.
A cookie might be stored on your browser:
- To make sure the website can function properly
- To enable you to make use of the secure online services we provide
- To collect anonymous information where available about the users journey, IP address, device IDs and preferences which helps us improve our online offering and marketing
- To make advertising and promotional offers more effective.
- To remember your preferences and make the site easier for you to access
Information collected by cookies will remain anonymous – if the collected data is ever merged with any other, personally identifiable information, which you have provided us (such as email address) the cookies are anonymised.
Some cookies are retained in your browser for the period you are on our website, some persist for longer specified/ unspecified periods.
2. Types of cookies
- Pre-session cookies: these are cookies that help maintain security and store information while you are using our site. They are only stored while you are using our website and they are deleted when you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies have an expiration date and will stay on your device until they are deleted or expire.
- First/ Third Party Cookies: The difference between a first or third party cookie will depend on the domain/ website placing the cookie. A first party cookie is a cookie that has been placed on the user’s device by a domain the user has visited. A third party cookie is placed by a domain other than the one the user has visited. For example if you visit our site and another company drops a pixel, this would be considered a third party pixel.
We use a Consent Management Platform for you to opt-in to cookie collection and give you full control over opt-in/opt-out. Please note our website may not function correctly if you change certain preferences, such as disabling all cookies. Opting out of cookies will not disable advertising – we depend on advertising revenue to keep our content free of charge. You can amend your preferences on the Privacy Settings box on your window. You cannot access our site unless you have given or rejected (on a purpose/ cookie based level) consent. We also use the below partners, please see their privacy policies for opt-out options:
- Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Google AdSense (Site analytics and advertising): Google (www.google.com) operates the Google Display Network a collection of millions of websites and mobile applications that are powered by display advertising, including many Google services like YouTube. Google also operates the DoubleClick digital advertising platform: the ad technology foundation to create, transact, and manage digital advertising for the worlds buyers, creators, and sellers. The DoubleClick platform includes the DoubleClick Advertising Exchange and DoubleClick Bid Manager. To learn more about how we collect and use information for online advertising, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy.html
- Chartbeat (Analytics): A sustainable web demands we measure and monetize attention. Since the web’s creation, the standard unit of success has been the click. Yet the goal of content creation has always been to get the right information to the right people and have them consume it, understand it, learn from it. This massive disconnect of goals and metrics has led to a web that rewards empty traffic, clickbait headlines, and billions of unseen ad impressions. Chartbeat is changing that. We quantify the value between the clicks. We partner with editorial teams to identify their highest quality content — the pieces that pique and keep reader attention. We partner with advertising teams to plan campaigns around this high-quality content so these ads are seen more often and for longer. This shift to valuing and transacting on the time people are paying attention means publishers creating quality content get paid more for it, brands get the time in front of an attentive audience they’re paying for, and readers get the best user experience possible. http://chartbeat.com/privacy/
- Facebook Connect (Social Media): Facebook Developers is a social media platform that allows Facebook users to create Social Plugins, Graph APIs, and Social Channels, that enables websites to provide engaging social experiences to their users: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Idio: Idio’s Demand Orchestration platform learns from each buyer interaction to improve omni-channel engagement and accelerate demand at large B2B enterprises. Global leaders including Intel, Fitch Ratings, and AllianceBernstein use Idio’s AI & 1st party intent data to automate marketing complexity and engage every buyer individually.https://idio.ai/website-privacy-and-cookies-policy/
- Adobe Analytics (Analytics): Adobe Analytics is the industry-leading solution for applying real-time analytics and detailed segmentation across all of your marketing channels. Use it to discover high-value audiences and power customer intelligence for your business.http://www.adobe.com/gr_en/privacy/marketing-cloud.html
- Alexa Metrics (Analytics): Alexa Internet grew out of a vision of intelligent Web navigation constantly improving through its users. Since then, our Alexa users have downloaded millions of Toolbars, and Alexa has created one of the largest Web crawls, and developed the infrastructure to process and serve massive amounts of data.http://www.alexa.com/help/privacy
We deal with any questions or complaints made by you or legally on your behalf.
If you would like to contact us please email email@example.com. Any letters should be addressed to City AM Ltd of 3rd Floor, Fountain House, 130 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 5DJ or firstname.lastname@example.org.