City A.M. Terms & conditions for external contributors
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions under which City A.M. accepts material from external contributions for City A.M., City A.M. Bespoke, CityAM.com, its email newsletters and any other physical or electronic publications owned by City A.M. Limited (the company). These terms and conditions hold unless explicitly varied in a signed contract between the company and the contributor.
Externally contributed material includes any copyright work as set out in the copyright legislation and includes both material intended for publication and background materials used directly or indirectly to prepare material for publication. It includes written and pictorial formats, including but not limited to columns, articles, infographics, videos, illustrations and photographs, as well as user-generated content such as letters or emails to the editor and comments on the website.
By submitting material for publication or accepting a commission to prepare material for publication or by using websites owned by the company you agree to be legally bound by these terms which will take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these terms, please do not contribute to the website or offer your material for publication.
Rights in the material
- Unless stipulated otherwise, for instance in a paid contract or letter of commission, you retain the copyright to material published by the company.
- By submitting material to the company you undertake that you own all necessary rights to submit the material and enter into this licensing agreement.
- You grant the company first publication right to your material through its publications anywhere in the world at its discretion.
- You grant the company a non-exclusive, perpetual licence to republish and retransmit your material anywhere in the world in any of its print or online publications.
- You grant the company the non-exclusive right to use, store, publish or transmit your material in internal and external archives and databases.
- You grant the company the right to authorise NLA Media Access and similar reprographic rights organisations (RRO) in other jurisdictions to distribute or license the distribution of your materialthroughout the world for RROs’ licensed acts and purposes as amended from time to time.
- After first use in the company’s publications, in the event of a request from a third party other than an RRO for paid syndication of your content, 50 per cent of all net receipts to the company attributable to your material will be remitted to you.