Renaisi help employers build inclusive workforces by restarting the careers of refugee professionals so everyone can thrive. With 25 years’ experience and a unique cross-sector model, Renaisi drives real social change, in partnership with those at the heart of the issue.
Did you know?
- Employment has been shown to be the biggest factor in successful refugee integration
- People with refugee status do not need a visa or sponsorship to work in the UK
- The refugee unemployment rate is 4x higher than the national average
Shadi is from Iran she arrived in the UK with an MA in Marketing Management, a BA in Material Engineering and 8 years’ overseas experience in Supply Chain and Logistics. Eager to progress her career in the UK she also studied for an MSc in Data Science.
On completion she applied and interviewed for roles as a Data Analyst but was unsuccessful and didn’t receive any constructive feedback.
Renaisi advise Shadi on competency-based interviews, which are not typically used in Iran to improve her UK interview technique and build her confidence in talking about her experience and transferable skills.
Renaisi introduced Shadi to Amey where she was offered a 6-month placement as a Strategic Consultant in their Advisory and Analytics team. At the end of her placement she was offered a permanent role which she describes as her “dream job in my dream company”
The Head of Organisational Development and Transformation, Amey said: “Employing refugee talent is the right thing to do, and makes sense at every level for Amey.”
Meet the team
Our inclusive recruitment services for professional refugees working in engineering, built environment, and business services is designed to enable UK employers to access the skills of refugee professionals to meet their talent needs. Contact Head of Partnerships, Hannah Brooke to find out how we can meet your talent needs.
Coach Annecha Smart-Fullerton, helps our candidates gain insights, shift limiting mindsets and expand perspectives in order to build their capacity for career progression and to aid their journey into work.
Transitions Manager, Faisal Ahmed provides, one-to-one specialist support to architects, engineers, and business services professionals to help them find and sustain work. Faisal is multi-lingual and works alongside candidates from registration until they have been in post for 6 months.
- Employment has been shown to be the biggest factor in successful refugee integration (Integration in the UK: Understanding the Data – Migration Observatory – The Migration Observatory (ox.ac.uk)
- People with Refugee Status do not need a visa or sponsorship to work in the UK (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/handling-applications-for-permission-to-take-employment-instruction/permission-to-work-and-volunteering-for-asylum-seekers-accessible)
- The refugee unemployment rate is 4x higher than the national average (https://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/2019/refugees-and-the-uk-labour-market/