Markets await the Autumn Statement this morning, but it's unlikely to impact gilt yields, and we're not expecting a change in the Bank of England's rate decision, either.
With 25 minutes to go the FTSE is forecast to start the day -10 at 6500.
— David Jones (@DavidJones_IG) December 5, 2013
Japan's Nikkei fell 1.5 per cent in Thursday trading – a sign that investors are remaining cautious ahead of the U.S.'s jobs report tomorrow. The report may well give more clues as to when the Fed will begin tapering.
- UK chancellor's Autumn statement at 11.15am.
- UK Bank of England interest rate decision 12.00pm. Expected to stay unchanged at 0.5 per cent.
- Eurozone European Central Bank interest rate decision (5 December). Expected unchanged at 0.25 per cent.
- Eurozone ECB monetary policy statement at 1.30pm.
- US GDP annualised (third quarter flash estimate) at 1.30pm. Expected at 3.0 per cent from 2.5 per cent.
- US initial jobless claims (29 November) at 1.30pm. Expected at 325,000 from 316,000.
- US factory orders for October at 3.00pm. Expected unchanged at -0.1 per cent.