Second customer to have died after allergic reaction to Pret product named as Celia Marsh
The second Pret a Manger customer believed to have died after having an allergic reaction to one of the chain's products has been named.
Celia Marsh, 42, died on 27 December 2017 after eating a "super-veg rainbow flatbread" that was supposed to be dairy-free, but was later found to contain a yoghurt with traces of dairy.
The woman died at Royal Bath Hospital after eating the Pret flatbread. Her name was released by the Avon coroner today.
Over the weekend, Pret claimed it had been mis-sold a dairy-free yoghurt by one of its suppliers, Coyo, claiming this was the reason behind Marsh's death last year.
Read more: Pret a Manger supplier hits back sandwich chain's allergy death claims
The Foods Standards Authority (FSA) led a recall of Coyo flavours in February after it warned customers the products could be dangerous for those with allergies.
But on Sunday, Coyo hit back at Pret, saying its claims were "unfounded", as Coyo only started collaborating with the supplier responsible for the products containing traces of dairy in January, after the customer died.
The news comes after it was revealed that another customer, Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, had died after having an allergic reaction to sesame seeds contained in a baguette she had purchased from Pret.
Read more: Pret has work to do in the wake of customer allergen death