The euro's poorer performance last week has been put down to the anticipation of rates cuts by the ECB either this week or in December. At the moment, expectations are that Draghi will suggest this week that action will be in December.
* BNP Paribas: we are not expecting an ECB rate cut at its November meeting, we are forecasting one at the December meeting
— Fabrizio Goria (@FGoria) November 4, 2013
Japan is on a public holiday today! Opening calls in Europe – FTSE +19, DAX +24, CAC +13
— David Buik (@truemagic68) November 4, 2013
- German Markit manufacturing PMI for October at 8.53am. Expected at 51.5, from 51.1.
- Eurozone Markit manufacturing PMI for October at 8.58am. Expected at 51.3, from 51.1.
- Eurozone Sentix investor confidence for October at 9.30am. Expected at 6.5, from 6.1.
- UK PMI construction for October at 9.30am. Expected at 58.8, from 58.9.
- US factory orders for August and September at 3.00pm.
- US Fed's Powell speech at 4.20pm.