Friday 4 June 2021 9:25 am

Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible pauses UK filming after crew Covid cases

UK-based production of Tom Cruise’s latest Mission: Impossible film has been stopped for two weeks after people tested positive for Covid-19, studio giant Paramount said today.

While it is unclear how many tested positive for the virus, which has prolonged releases since March last year, the blockbuster action sequel will resume shooting on 14 June, according to the studio.

“We have temporarily halted production on Mission: Impossible 7 until June 14th, due to positive coronavirus test results during routine testing,” Paramount said, which PA first reported.

“We are following all safety protocols and will continue to monitor the situation.”

In December, Cruise hit headlines for an explosive reaction to the movie’s crew reportedly not following social distancing guidelines.

Cruise entered a recorded rant, in which he said: “We are the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. Because they believe in us and what we’re doing.

“I’m on the phone with every f***ing studio at night, insurance companies, producers, and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you motherf***ers.”

The 58-year-old actor has since been pictured in a quarry in Derbyshire, which is said to be for filming.

Cruise also filmed action scenes on top of a moving mock steam train in North Yorkshire.

The production of Mission: Impossible 7 has been hit by a number of delays due to the pandemic.

Filming was expected to start in Italy in February 2020 but was halted as Covid-19 cases flared up in the country.

Share