1. The weatherThe good news is while the bank holiday won't quite hit the Caribbean temperatures experienced in the capital this week, it's looking likely to be about 21 degrees celsius, with a mixture of sunshine and cloud. Perfect to keep cool while you're dancing.
3. The parade routeIf you’re looking for a good spot, make your way to the parade route. The parade kicks off on Great Western Road, its winding its way down Chepstow Road, onto Westbourne Grove and down Ladbroke Grove – but be prepared to brave the crowds. Hundreds of thousands are expected to bear down on Notting Hill for the two-day festival. Here's a map from the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, which includes soundsystems, bars and the parade route
4. How to get thereIt’s going to get busy, let’s just get that fact out of the way. Transport for London suggests walking from alternative stations if possible, warning of overcrowding at many of the Tube stations closest to the parade route.
- Notting Hill Gate: Exit-only 11am-7pm both Sunday and Monday. No interchange between District, Central and Circle lines 11am-7pm Sunday or all day Monday. On Monday, District and Circle line trains will not be stopping at the station.
- Ladbroke Grove: Closed all day Sunday and Monday.
- Latimer Road: Closed at 11.30pm Sunday and Monday.
- Royal Oak: Exit-only 11am-6pm Sunday and Monday, closing at 11.30 both days.
- Westbourne Park: Exit-only from 11am Sunday and Monday, closing at 6pm both days.