MARIO BALOTELLI’S agent has dismissed speculation the striker has signed a deal with Manchester City – but expects the transfer to be completed in the next couple of days.
Reports in the Italian press claimed that the Inter Milan youngster had already put pen to paper on a five-year deal with the mega-rich Eastlands club, worth an estimated €30m (£25m), rising to €35m based on appearances and goals.
It said the 19-year-old would link up with his new team-mates on their pre-season tour of the United States tomorrow and that he could even make his City debut against Baltimore on Saturday.
Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, insists the rumours are not true, but expects a development this week.
Raiola said: “Nothing has been signed between Balotelli and Manchester City. I doubt anything will be in the next few days.”
Inter president Massimo Moratti, meanwhile, says the clubs are still apart in their valuation of the Italian Under-21 international.
“There are contacts with Manchester City but we must find an agreement that satisfies us and them,” he added. “They say that we raised the price. No, we ask what we think is right.”