The ninth City A.M. Awards were held at the Grange Hotel, in the shadow of St Paul’s Cathedral on 8 November 2018. This year 12 individuals and businesses collected gongs from host Julia Hartley-Brewer, in front of a star-studded audience comprising 400 of the City’s best-known figures.
All of our winners, as well as our nominees, have made great contributions to the dynamism and strength of the UK’s economy and social fabric. Our annual awards are our way of saying thanks to you, our readers, for the work you put into making the City such a vibrant, optimistic and successful place in which to live and work.
See #cityamawards on Twitter for a taste of the fun and glamour from the night.
- City A.M Business of the Year: Ocado
- Analyst of the Year: Sarah Simon (Berenberg)
- Dealmaker of the Year: Sir Simon Robey (Robey Warshaw)
- Investor of the Year: Michael Platt (Bluecrest)
- Insurance Company of the Year: Hiscox
- Bank of the Year: Monzo
- Law Firm of the Year: Macfarlanes
- Accountancy Firm of the Year: BDO
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Simon Rogerson (Octopus Group)
- Innovative Company of the Year: Starship
- Fintech Company of the Year: Revolut
- Personality of the Year: Alison Brittain (Whitbread Group)