OWNER Tony Fernandes claims defender Anton Ferdinand has the full support of the club in relation to the ongoing racism row involving England captain John Terry.
The Football Association are currently conducting an investigation into whether Terry used an offensive term during the stormy west London derby at Loftus Road earlier this month.
Ferdinand was quizzed by the FA on the matter last Friday and Fernandes, who assumed control of the west London club back in August, is confident the authorities will see that justice is done.
“We’ve drawn a line under the matter,” he said. “It’s for the FA.
“Anton met the management, we’re fully behind him, but we want to focus on the football now.
“It’s not for us to throw judgement on the matter. It’s in the hands of the correct people. We’re fully behind our player.
“I haven’t had any direct discussions on this with Anton. He’s just thanked us for our support and he’s focusing on football now. We don’t want him to be distracted from the main purpose.”
The FA are also continuing to probe an alleged incident which took place between Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Manchester United’s Patrice Evra a fortnight ago.
But despite two investigations involving such high-profile characters being launched at virtually the same time, Malaysian businessman Fernandes does not believe there is a big problem with racism in English football.
“Coming from a foreign country and having watched football for a long long time, I don’t feel very much racism in football,” he said. “It’s improved tremendously.
“I’m a different colour as well. I feel very comfortable going to every ground, I think fans are focused on much more positive things.”