Never has everyday spending had the potential to take you so far. Virtually every time you use the Card, you’ll earn Membership Rewards® points which can be redeemed for flights, hotel stays, car hire, gift experiences and lots more.
When it comes to earning rewards, American Express makes it easy to build up points fast. Double your points on virtually all travel-related spend which can be anything from flights to hotels, cruises to car hire. Plus, you’ll receive double points on practically all purchases while you’re abroad.
You can also boost your points back on UK soil, earning double the rewards at major supermarkets and petrol stations in the first year of Cardmembership. And with no limit on the points you can earn and no expiry date, you can plan for that trip of a lifetime.
New Cardmembers also receive a helping hand to get that exciting trip on track. Apply now and you’ll receive 20,000 Membership Rewards points by spending and charging £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That equates to two complimentary return flights to some of Europe’s most exciting cities1, or flight upgrades to make your trip even more special.
When it comes to discovering new places, The Preferred Rewards Gold Card gives you the flexibility to transfer your rewards points to 10 of the world’s major frequent flyer programmes. And to make that journey even more comfortable, Cardmembers receive two complimentary annual visits to more than 350 airport lounges worldwide. That’s not all; you can also convert your rewards into stylish hotel stays – virtually wherever you are in the world.
You don’t have to redeem your points before you head off on your travels either. With Tripflex™, you can use your points to pay for virtually any travel purchase on your Card up to three months after the date your transaction is charged to your account. It’s perfect for those last minute breaks and impromptu escapes.
THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVEL
If you’re looking for more rewarding travel experiences, here are some must-visit short break destinations for 2012:
● Bruges: This charming medieval city in Belgium is reminiscent of a world long gone with its picturesque market squares, winding canals and old whitewashed almshouses. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage site, it’s bursing with fascinating cultural gems.
● Belfast: It’s an exciting year for Northern Ireland, with Belfast offering a host of world class attractions – from the Titanic Quarter which fuses the old and the new, to the beautiful Botanic Gardens tucked away in the Queen’s Quarter.
● Copenhagen: Often regarded as one of the coolest and most exciting cities in Scandinavia, Copenhagen offers a kaleidoscope of style, striking architecture, innovation and award-winning food.
● Marseille: France’s oldest city, and largest after Paris, is a city chock-a-block with treasures – from beautiful beach coves to street markets full of smells and sites from neighbouring North Africa. And the fresh fish is worth sampling too.
If you’re looking for a more rewarding travel experience, visit amex.co.uk/gold or call 0800 700 2222
● One point for almost every full £1 spent and charged to your Card
● Double points on travel-related spend such as flights, hotel stays and car hire
● Double points on virtually all purchases while you’re abroad
● Double points at major supermarkets and petrol stations in first year of Cardmembership
● Enjoy a welcome bonus of 20,000 points by spending and charging £1,000 on your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership4
● Spend £15,000 or more during the year and earn an additional 7,500 bonus points each year when you renew your Card5
● Transfer points to 10 major frequent flyer programmes
● Redeem points for flights, hotel stays, Eurostar Travel, car hire, cruises, gift experiences and more
● Book travel through American Express Travel and pay for it with points
● With Tripflex™ you can use your points to pay for virtually any travel purchase on your Card up to three months after the date your transaction is charged to your Account
● Two complimentary annual visits to more than 350 airport lounges
● No limit to the number of points you can earn and points never expire
● Peace of mind with Travel Inconvenience Insurance2, Travel Accident Insurance2 and Global Assist® Services
● Preferred Seating which gives access to some of the UK’s hottest shows and events
● No defined spending limit3 and no interest – just clear your balance each month
● First three months are complimentary – a saving of £32 on the regular £125 annual fee
1 Subject to availability - taxes, fees and surcharges apply. 2 Insurance terms and conditions apply. 3 Purchases are approved based on a variety of factors including account history, credit record and personal resources. Security may be required. 4 Please note it can take up to 60 days for bonus points to be awarded onto your account after ‘Cardmembership.’ 5 7,500 bonus points will be awarded to your account up to 60 days after your Card renewal
The annual fee is £125. The first three months of membership are complimentary with this offer so you only need to pay £93 annual fee in your first year. If you’d prefer a Card without any rewards, other features or a Cardmembership fee, an alternative option is available – the Basic Card, for more information visit americanexpress.com/uk/basic-card Terms and conditions apply. The Preferred Rewards Gold Card is offered by American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9AX. American Express Services Europe Limited is authorised in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services.