Britain's newest world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has hinted that he could make the first defence of his IBF crown against fellow Londoner David Haye.
Olympic gold medallist Joshua stopped American Charles Martin inside two rounds on Saturday night to claim his first world title in just the 16th fight of his professional career.
Controversial WBO and WBA champion Tyson Fury is keen to recover the IBF belt and halt the Joshua bandwagon but must first navigate a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko in Manchester on 9 July.
Read more: David Haye interview
Joshua too could fight on that date, with a first appearance at Wembley Stadium mooted, and former WBA champion Haye, who made his comeback after a three-and-a-half-year hiatus in January, could be the opponent.
“It’s possible,” he said. “I don’t see why not, but I will fight anyone. I’ll fight them both [Haye and Fury] on the same night, it’s no problem, but my management team will steer my career in the right direction.
“A fight at Wembley in July is big time. I’m going to need to fight a serious opponent so keep your eyes peeled for who it might be if it is a Wembley fight.”
Joshua also hit back at Fury, who called the 26-year-old’s performance against Martin “ponderous”, by warning him to worry about veteran Klitschko before a possible all-British showdown.
“He should focus on his July 9 defence and when he gets that out of the way then me and him can start talking,” he said.
Joshua is only the fourth man, after Muhammad Ali, Leon Spinks and Floyd Paterson, to win a world heavyweight title while Olympic champion, and has needed only 34 rounds in which to do so.
He made it 16 knockouts from 16 bouts when he floored the previously unbeaten Martin twice in the second round.