The City A.M. Awards for 2016, held at the glitzy Grange hotel opposite St Paul’s Cathedral, saw 14 individuals or businesses collect gongs in front of a star-studded audience of around 500 City figures. Our congratulations go to all the winners who stood out during 2016 for their exceptional work.
The event, however, is not purely to celebrate the lucky 14 who our judges selected. Equally, our Awards – now in their seventh year – recognise the wider contribution of our nominees and winners, and of all businesses, to the dynamism and strength of our country’s economy and social fabric. It is a modest way of doffing our cap to you, our readers, for the work you put into making the City such a vibrant, optimistic, and successful place in which to live and work.
See #cityamawards for all the fun and glamour from the night.
- Personality of the Year: Sadiq Khan (Mayor of London)
- Business of the Year: Fever-Tree, highly commended Jaguar
- Explosive Growth Company of the Year: COOK
- Accountancy Firm of the Year: BDO
- Analyst of the Year: Yael Selfin (KPMG), highly commended Ian Gordon (Investec)
- Law Firm of the Year: Allen & Overy
- Innovative Company of the Year: Deepmind
- Insurance Company of the Year: Admiral
- Investor of the Year: Terry Smith (Fundsmith), highly commended Simon Borrows (3i)
- Bank of the Year: Metro Bank, highly commended TSB
- Dealmaker of the Year: Simon Robey (Robey Warshaw), highly commended Karen Cook (Goldman Sachs)
- Fintech Company of the Year: Monzo
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Angus Thirlwell (Hotel Chocolat)