Chianti produces wines of global acclaim and has firmly earned its place amongst the greatest wine regions of the world. Alongside the new release of Siepi 2013, in association with wine travel company Winerist, the City A.M. Wine Club is excited to announce a new competition. One lucky winner will win a unique trip to the magical Fonterutoli Estate in Tuscany where they will experience elegant accommodation, award winning wines and Chianti’s famous local food.
The winner of this incredible prize will be staying for 2 nights in the elegant family-run hotel, which forms part of the Fonterutoli estate. The hotel has 12 unique rooms inspired by the colours of the Chianti region. Guests will enjoy beautiful views and an excellent location which is just a short walk from the renowned Mazzei wine estate. Nearby restaurants offer local delicacies such as truffles and the famous ‘Chianina steak’.
- A private visit for two people to the Fonterutoli estate
- A dinner for two on one night of your stay
How to enter
Just sign up for the City A.M. Wine Club for a chance to win. Existing members can enter too by simply registering their interest via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable us to bring you this fantastic competition, we have partnered with Winerist, an award winning travel website specialised in organising wine and food holidays. With over 100 wine regions to choose from, Winerist offers the perfect platform for booking day activities in wine country or multi-day holidays in your favourite wine destination.
Buy the wine
Mazzei Siepi is a real Tuscan heavyweight produced in vineyards dating back to the 15th Century. Siepi is the epitome of a ‘no expense spared’ wine spending 18 months in 225 litre French oak barrique. The resulting wine is powerful, complex and balanced with notes of sour cherry, violets and chocolate developing into mushroom, leather and cigar box with age.
The 2013 release of Siepi has already been incredibly well received by critics being awarded 95+ by The Wine Advocate’s Monica Larner, her best score to date. The extremely high quality of the 2013 vintage in Tuscany has been well documented and this wine can expect to see rave reviews across the board.
It is the combination of painstaking viti- and viniculture and the addition of Merlot that distinguishes this wine from other leading estates in Tuscany; at under £50 a bottle in bond, Siepi offers incredible quality. Moreover, while over 30,000 cases a year of Tignanello is produced, Siepi only produces 1,600.
Siepi 2013 is available to members of the City A.M. Wine Club for £280 IB per 6x75 (£350.76 Duty & VAT paid). This release is always highly sought after and allocation is expected to disappear quickly. Don’t miss out on this fantastic offering from an archetypal Tuscan producer.
Terms & conditions
- To enter this promotion you must be 18 years of age or older and a resident in the UK. The competition is not open to employees from Winerist Ltd or City A.M. and their immediate family.
- No purchase from the promoter is necessary to enter the competition. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative can be offered for any prize. Only one entry per person is permitted. Proof of being the authorised account holder of the email address provided may be required. Bulk and spam entries will be disqualified.
- In order to enter the competition entrants must be signed up to the City A.M. Wine Club.
- The start date of the competition is 12 February, 2016, 9am GMT. The closing date of competition is 28 February, 2016, 9pm GMT. The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the prize draw. The promoter’s decision is final and binding.
- The first prize includes accommodation for 2 people consisting of a 2-night stay at Castello Fonterutoli with breakfast included. A dinner for 2 on one night only, private winery visit and wine tasting is also included.
- The prize can be redeemed from 15 March 2016 to 15 March 2017 (except, Christmas, New Year & Easter) subject to availability. You must arrange your reservation via Winerist (email@example.com) before departure.
- The prize does not include transfers to/from the airport and additional purchases. It is the responsibility of the winner to cover all additional costs such as flights, travel insurance and other expenses of personal nature.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the prize to an alternative destination or item of similar value without notice, if circumstances beyond their control require it to do so.
- By entering this competition you agree to these terms and conditions and that Winerist may contact you by email regarding future news and offers. Winerist is compliant with the Data Protection Act. The promoter of this competition is Winerist Ltd (company number 07833335) with the registered address at 2-10 Capper Street, WC1E 6JA, London, United Kingdom. This competition falls under the jurisdiction of English law.