City A.M. is seeking to hire a data journalist to join its news team, writing for both the website and newspaper.
The successful candidate:
- Has experience of online reporting, as well as the various tools available to data journalists
- Has bags of creativity - knowing how to find the numbers behind the story and present them in a simple, easy-to-understand format
- Understands when a simple chart is enough to tell the story - and when nothing less than an all-out, bells-and-whistles, D3 extravaganza will do
- Is a great writer with an understanding of the news cycle, as well as a having a knack for telling a story visually
- Understands how to drive audience through social media and search engines
- Possesses high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Will be able to work a shift pattern which includes some evenings, weekends, and early starts
City A.M. operates a sub-less editing system, so the candidate must be able to write clean, accurate copy that is ready to print.
This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious first-time journalist or second-jobber looking to make their mark.
Apply with a CV, covering letter, and examples of previous projects to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your salary expectations.