City A.M. is looking for a breaking news editor (maternity leave cover).
- The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong news sense, be able to work fast under pressure and edit/direct a team of reporters
- Identify stories as they emerge
- Be on top of all breaking news platforms, able to stand up relevant stories quickly and get them out to readers ahead of competitors
- Track developing and ongoing stories
- Ensure high quality of content under tight deadlines
- Coordinate with the digital editor on stories and resources throughout the day
- Work 7am-4pm to cover early morning corporate news
- Manage the daily mid-morning newsletter, selecting the key stories for City A.M's audience, and pull together a wide range of content for the 10:30am send
- Manage our online contributors section Expert Voices, commissioning fast-turnaround reaction pieces to stories as they break
Apply with a CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.