Asian markets have performed well overnight as hints of Chinese easing have given traders confidence in equities. Now we're expecting that exuberance to translate into some mild gains for the FTSE and other European markets.
Good morning - looking ahead to the open here are the forecasts for indices: FTSE100 +15 at 6638; DAX +20 at 8351; CAC40 +10 at 3950.— David Jones (@DavidJones_IG) July 23, 2013
ETX Capital #morningcall: FTSE100 up 17 points, the DAX up by 23 points and the CAC40 higher by 11 points— ETX Capital (@ETXCapital) July 23, 2013
Here are today's key events:
- French business climate for July at 07.45. We saw a figure of 73 last month.
- UK housing data in the form of BBA mortgage approvals for June at 09.30. Analysts are expecting a rise from 36,100 to 38,500.
- US house prices set to continue their climb in May, the data is out at 14.00. Economists are forecasting a rise of 0.8 per cent, up from 0.7 per cent last month.
- Eurozone consumer confidence out at 15.00. Expected to improve from -18.8 to -18.3 for July.
- US manufacturing data at 15.00. Analysts are expecting the Richmond Fed manufacturing index to deteriorate from 8 to 7.