ITV acquires stake in US Thinkfactory Media, producer of "Prank My Mom" and Snoop Dogg talk show "Dogg After Dark"

Media company has continued its shopping spree, picking up US producer Thinkfactory Media (release). ITV says that Thinkfactory is a "leading producer of reality, entertainment and drama".

ITV highlights Emmy award-winning Hatfields & McCoys, and Thinkfactory's website shows a range of titles including "Preacher's Daughters" (tagline "heaven help them"), "Prank My Mom" and "Dogg After Dark, a celebrity talk show featuring Snoop Dogg".

The acquisition will set ITV back $30m cash for a 65 per cent stake, with a put and call option to buy the remaining 35 per cent. That option can be exercised from three years after the deal, and at the end of year five with a sum linked to performance.

This is the latest in a series of purchases for ITV, which last month picked up a 60 per cent stake in High Noon Entertainment.

Related articles