Despite Angela Merkel's win in the German elections, European markets look set to open mixed this morning, following James Bullard's Friday comments on the Fed's decision not to taper.
ETX Capital #morningcall: FTSE100 down 6 points, the DAX up by 15 points and the CAC40 down by 5 points— ETX Capital (@ETXCapital) September 23, 2013
In Asia, performance outside China was weak.
- France markit manufacturing PMI Sept at 7.58. Expected up at 50.1 from 49.7
- France markit services PMI Sept at 7.28. Expected up at 49.3 from 48.9
- Germany markit manufacturing PMI Sept at 8.28. Expected up at 52.2 from 51.8
- Germany markit services PMI Sept at 8.28. Expected up at 53.1 from 52.8
- Eurozone markit manufacturing PMI Sept at 8.58. Expected up at 51.7 from 51.4
- Eurozone markit services PMI Sept at 8.58. Expected up at 51.1 from 50.7
- Eurozone markit PMI composite Sept at 8.58. Expected up at 51.7 from 50.5
- Italy wage inflation Aug at 9.00
- Chicago Fed national activity index at 13.30
- US markit manufacturing PMI Oct at 13.58
- Eurozone ECB president Draghi's speech at 14.00
- US Fed's Lockhart speech at 14.20
- US Fed's William Dudley speech at 14.30