Strong US data yesterday has led traders to fear potential US Federal Reserve tapering could be moved forward.
Now the FTSE could open lower on nerves over that tapering - a reduction in the rate of expansion of the US' monetary base.
So all eyes are on today's US jobs data, out at 13:30.
Investors will be suffering from PRE or post-prandial neurosis ahead of Non-Farm Payrolls at lunch (est: +180k) - FTSE -19, DAX -9 CAC +3
— David Buik (@truemagic68) September 6, 2013
ETX Capital #morningcall: FTSE100 down 14 points, the DAX lower by 11 points and the CAC40 up by 2 points— ETX Capital (@ETXCapital) September 6, 2013
- UK July industrial production at 09.30. Expected to fall from 1.1 per cent to 0.1 per cent.
- UK July manufacturing production at 09.30. Expected to fall from 1.9 per cent to 0.3 per cent.
- German July industrial production at 11.00. Expected to fall from 2.4 per cent to -0.5 per cent.
- US August nonfarm payrolls at 13.30. Expected to rise from 162,000 to 180,000.
- US August unemployment rate at 13.30. Expected to stay flat at 7.4 per cent.
- US August average hourly earnings at 13.30. Expected to rise from -0.1 per cent to 0.2 per cent.
- UK NIESR GDP estimate for the three months to August at 15.00.