● Domino’s Pizza releases its interim results today. The popular take-away pizza chain will be hoping that its results will be sizzling hot rather than a soggy disappointment.
● ARM Holdings is set to release its second quarter results tomorrow. After a successful year when its chips have been used to supply the brains of the iPad 2 tablet, the Cambridge-based microprocessor intellectual property developer will be hoping to clock strong results.
● On Wednesday, British American Tobacco will be releasing its interim report and will be crossing its fingers for smoking figures.
● Wednesday will also see results from budget airline EasyJet. Will its results have its share price taking off, or will its stocks be left grounded on the runway?
● On Thursday BT will be announcing its first quarter results, and will be looking to dial up some good numbers.
● On Monday, the Office of National Statistics will be releasing the euphemistically titled: “Measuring What Matters: The National Statistician's reflections on the national debate on measuring national well-being.”
● Tuesday will see the release by the Office of National Statistics of its preliminary estimate for GDP for the second quarter. The consensus is that it will be a surprise if the UK saw a growth rate in excess of 0.3 per cent in the second quarter of this year.