● FTSE 100 gold miner Rangold Resources releases its fourth quarter results today.
● Natural gas group BG Group releases its fourth quarter results tomorrow.
● Steel manufacturer Arcelor-Mittal also releases its full year results tomorrow.
● French food company Danone releases its full year results tomorrow
● Airline Air France-KLM releases its third quarter results at 17:45 on Wednesday.
● Embattled travel firm TUI AG is to hold its annual general meeting on Wednesday.
● The firm will also release its first quarter 2010/2011 on Thursday, likely to be closely watched.
● Mining firm Rio Tinto releases its full year results at 7:00 on Thursday.
● On Sunday 13, Apple is rumoured to be planning to unveil a revised version of the iPad.
● It may also reveal an upgrade to the iPhone and iPad software – known as iOS. The event is likely to be watched closely by traders and by technology fans.
● US consumer credit figures for December are to be released today at 20:00.
● The German industrial production measure for December is to be released tomorrow at 11:00.
● The Chinese purchasing managers index for services is out on Wednesday at 2:30.
● The Chinese trade surplus will be announced on Thursday at 2:00.
● The Bank of England is to announce its interest rate decision for February on Thursday at 12:00. The bank is expected to hold rates at their current level of 0.5 per cent.
● US Commerce Secretary Gary Locke will arrive in India today on a mission to make business deals. Tomorrow he will visit the Bangalore air show with aircraft manufacturers. It is hoped that a deal to sell fighter jets will be reached.
● New Labour shadow chancellor Ed Balls and George Osborne will face off in the House of Commons for the first time on Tuesday.
● On Wednesday, Oliver Letwin and Danny Alexander will face the public accounts committee.
● On Thursday, there is a free vote on prisoners’ voting rights in the House of Commons.