● Electronics company Philips publishes its 2010 full year results on Monday.
● Sodexo, the food services provider, releases its first quarter 2011 results on Monday.
● Tuesday sees Ericsson report its fourth quarter 2010 results and Siemens its first quarter 2011 results.
● WH Smiths will hold its annual general meeting and issue a trading update on Wednesday.
● On Thursday, Nokia will issue its fourth quarter 2010 results and Tullow Oil will publish a trading update.
● Monday sees France, Germany and the European Monetary Union (EMU) publish the results of their respective purchasing managers index (PMI).
● The Bank of Japan makes a rates announcement on Tuesday.
● The UK releases its fourth quarter GDP figures on Tuesday.
● The US January consumer confidence index is published on Tuesday.
● On Wednesday, the Bank of England releases the minutes of its last meeting and the US Federal Open Market Committee makes a rates announcement.
● Germany’s consumer price index (CPI) is published on Thursday.
● The EMU posts the results of its January consumer confidence index on Thursday.
● On Thursday, the US December pending home sales data is released.
● The Japanese unemployment rate and overall household spending figures are posted on Thursday.
● The all important US fourth quarter GDP figure is announced on Friday.
● The EMU’s broad measure of money supply (M3) is released on Friday.
● French President Nicolas Sarkozy briefs the media and diplomats on France’s priorities and agenda for its presidency of the G8 and G20 on Monday.
● The annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos-Klosters begins on Wednesday this week.
● President Barack Obama gives his State of the Union address on Tuesday.
● On Tuesday, the Indian President gives a national address for Republic Day.
● UN Secretary General meets with the Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot leader to discuss the reunification of Cyprus on Wednesday.