With the New Year just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about where 2012 will take you. If your resolution is to discover new places – be it the south coast of England or South America – the Preferred Rewards Gold Card from American Express can make your getaway even more rewarding.
To help make your travel dreams a reality, the points you earn by using the Card can be redeemed for flights, hotels, gift experiences and lots more.
New Cardmembers will also receive a special added bonus to get that trip on track. Apply now and you’ll receive 20,000 Membership Rewards® points simply by spending £1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership. That’s enough for two complimentary return flights to some of Europe’s most exciting cities*.
Wherever your next trip takes you, be it a far flung adventure or a chic city escape, it’s important that you tailor it your way. That’s why the Preferred Rewards Gold Card gives you the flexibility to transfer your reward points to over 10 of the world’s major frequent flyer programmes. That’s not all; you can also convert your rewards into stylish hotel stays across the world.
American Express is making it even easier to earn rewards faster with the Card. You will double your points on virtually all travel related spend including flights, hotels, trains, cruises and car hire. Plus, you’ll receive double points on practically all purchases while you’re abroad - so the things you buy will pay you back.
And there’s no limit on the points you can earn and your points never expire, so this is one Card that’s worth its weight in gold when it comes to making those inspiring encounters a reality.
Whether you’re going global or planning something a little closer to home, here’s some inspiration on must-visit destinations for the year ahead.
Wedged between the snowy Andes and the sea, Santiago is an electrifying mix of glitzy skyscrapers, picturesque open spaces, renovated Beaux-Arts neighbourhoods and blocks of galleries and cafes clustered around the soaring financial district. If you’re looking to sample the culinary scene, Astrid and Gastón Acurio is well worth a visit for its traditional Chilean sea bass and Patagonian lamb. The charm of the city is also visible via its long boulevards, hillside lanes and leafy parks. Enjoy breathtaking views from Cerro San Cristóbal which overlooks the town. While you’re there, try a cup of mote con huesillo, a concoction of wheat and peaches, which makes for a delicious sundowner.
Representing France as European Capital of Culture in 2013, Marseille is one of the most exhilarating cities in France. Explore the crooked, narrow streets of the Quartier du Panier, the oldest part of the city where the Greeks built their temples. On the eastern edge of the city is Parc Borély, a peaceful oasis boasting a beautiful lake, botanical garden, stunning rose garden and 18th-century Château. And if food is your thing, try to get up early enough to catch the renowned daily seafood and fish market at the Vieux Port. For a different angle on the city, visit the Arab quarter and wander past locals selling spices and fresh almonds in bulk in the rue d'Aubagne.
If you’re looking for a more rewarding travel experience, visit amex.co.uk/gold
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
● Transfer points to over 10 major frequent flyer programmes.
● Two complimentary annual visits to more than 350 airport VIP lounges.
● Redeem points for flights, hotel stays, Eurostar travel, car hire, cruises and more.
● Book travel through American Express Travel and pay for it with points.
● With Tripflex™ you can use your points to pay for virtually any travel purchase on your Card up to three months after the date your transaction is charged to your Account.
● Peace of mind with Travel Inconvenience Insurance**, Travel Accident Insurance** and Global Assist® Services.
● Double points on travel-related spend, such as flights, hotel stays and car hire.
● Double points on virtually all purchases while you’re abroad.
● Double points at major supermarkets and petrol stations in the first year of Cardmembership.
● Enjoy a welcome bonus of 20,000 points by spending £1,000 on your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.
● Spend £15,000 or more during the year and earn an additional 7,500 bonus points when you renew your Card.
*Subject to availability - taxes, fees and surcharges apply. **Insurance terms and conditions apply.
If you’d prefer a Card without any rewards, other features or a Cardmembership fee, an alternative option is available – the Basic Card. Terms and conditions apply.
The Preferred Rewards Gold Card is offered by American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London
SW1W 9AX. American Express Services Europe Limited is authorised in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority under the Payment Services
Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services.