News that the Stone Roses are reforming to play a string of gigs next year – including three nights in Manchester – has led to a surge of interest in the band that helped to soundtrack a generation.
Iconic frontman Ian Brown was at the forefront of the “Madchester” scene and his style has been an inspiration for indie-kids and fashionistas alike (nobody can pull off a vintage Adidas track jacket with quite such aplomb).
As hundreds of thousands of Stone Roses fans and festival goers dust off their “baggy” look, we pick out an outfit that will give you that signature scruffy style without looking like you need a good wash. We don’t recommend you go as far as copying the haircut though – some things should stay firmly in the past.
1. G-Star Motor Arc jeans, £120, republic.co.uk
2. Burberry duffle coat, £795, uk.burberry.com
3. Boss “Bagis” trainers, £99.95, thackerays.co.uk
4. Paul Smith Stripe Beanie Hat, £40, paulsmith.co.uk
5. Anderson’s woven fabric belt, £65, matchesfashion.com
6. Super Superficial cranes T-shirt, £35, supersuperficial.com
7. Classic Adidas hooded track top, £50, shop.adidas.co.uk