YESTERDAY was the first day this year when Londoners thought, hang on, this is serious. Well, if forecasters are correct, we’re in for a lot more days where stepping outside is painful, and getting out of bed agony.
So we believe you should take steps, in the form of plenty of snuggly vestments. Here we’ve chosen the cosiest, softest and warmest items that can serve as emergency measures for getting through winter – while bolstering your fashion credentials at the same time. Here’s to a season of snazzy winter warmers.
1. Double-breasted leather coat, Karl Donahue, £1,570, www.netaporter.com
2. Cap, Eugenia Kim, £130, www.netaporter.com
3. Club check gloves, Aquascutum, £95, www.aquascutum.co.uk 4. Patterned hooded snood, Peacocks, £8, www.peacocks.com
5. Barts Joanna beanie, £18.99, www.johnlewis.com
6. Baby cheetah sweater dress, Wildfox Couture, £160, www.wildfoxcouture.co.uk
7. Cashmere blend argyle cardigan, Pringle of Scotland, £495, www.pringlescotland.com
8. Shearling snood, Burberry, £450, uk.burberry.com
9. UGG mittens, £85, www.johnlewis.com
10. Class jacket, Roberto Cavalli, £275 (second hand), www.chicandseek.com