Petrov to rescue as City fume at Wiley

<strong>WIGAN (1)</strong> vs. <strong>MANCHESTER CITY (1)</strong><br /><br />MANCHESTER CITY boss Mark Hughes accused under-fire referee Alan Wiley of missing key decisions after being held by Wigan, but refused to add to criticism of the official&rsquo;s fitness.<br /><br />City winger Martin Petrov earned 10-man City a point after Charles N&rsquo;Zogbia had put the Latics ahead, as the visitors failed to climb back into the top four.<br /><br />They might have left the DW Stadium with more had Wiley, in his first match since being labelled unfit by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, given a penalty when Shaun Wright-Phillips went down in the Wigan area.<br /><br />Hughes was adamant about his view of the incident, but was careful not to echo Ferguson, who is today expected to be charged by the Football Association for his comments.<br /><br />&ldquo;I thought it was a nailed-on penalty but in fairness to Mr Wiley he was right on the spot and had kept up with play,&rdquo; said Hughes.<br /><br />&ldquo;He had the opportunity to make a good decision but maybe in his defence he thought the defender had knocked the ball into touch when in fact it was Wright-Phillips. It was an obvious penalty but these things happen very fast. I have no criticism of Alan Wiley&rsquo;s athleticism today.&rdquo;<br /><br />N&rsquo;Zogbia opened the scoring in first half injury time when striker Hugo Rodallega&rsquo;s shot was parried by City goalkeeper Shay Given, and the former Newcastle winger followed up.<br /><br />City responded just 63 seconds after the restart when Carlos Tevez set up Petrov to guide a controlled finish past Chris Kirkland.<br /><br />The visitors&rsquo; hopes of taking all three points were dented when right-back Pablo Zabaleta was sent off for a second yellow card.<br /><br />And after Wright-Phillips&rsquo; fruitless tumble Rodallega almost snatched the spoils for the home side, only for Given to pull off a superb late save.