Living in the limelight

IF you’ve got the cash, you’re unlikely to spend it better than on this Grade-II listed former water tower – if originality alongside opulence is your bag. Note that the property is being sold 90 per cent complete, leaving 10 per cent of the refurbishment to the buyer.

Built in the early 1930s it was a functioning water-softening plant until 1942. Now beautifully modernised over four floors, expect floor-to-ceiling windows on the ground floor, spiral staircases and a master bedroom spread over the entire fourth floor.

There are two roof terraces, one of which has a pool – both are brilliant spaces for entertaining (bbq anyone?). A gym is included, along with cinema room and motion sensor lighting throughout. £3.75m. Call Savills on 0207 7016 3789, savills.com.