I’m not done with Red Bull yet – Vettel

NEWLY-crowned Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has quashed rumours of a move to rivals Ferrari by stating that he is “extremely committed” to current team Red Bull.

Speculation that the German would join Ferrari in 2014 arose earlier this year, but 25-year-old Vettel, whose title win in Brazil on Sunday made him the youngest ever triple world champion, insists that he still has more to achieve as a Red Bull driver.

“I have a contract until 2014,” he said. “I’m very happy with what we have achieved so far and I don’t think this story is over yet.

“I’m very happy and extremely committed to give everything I have, also in the next years when I’m with them. At the moment I don’t see any point thinking about another team or something else.”

Vettel secured the 2012 title ahead of Fernando Alonso by a narrow three-point margin. Alonso, whose contract keeps him at Ferrari until 2016, admits that the constructor’s speed let them down this season.

“For the future we need to improve the car,” said the two-time world champion.

“We have the best team in terms of approaching and preparing for the race – but we were too slow.”