Evraz buys stake in Russian firm

Russian steelmaker Evraz yesterday announced it has bought a controlling stake in Raspadskaya, Russia’s largest coking coal firm. London-listed Evraz has bought a further 50 per cent interest in Corber, from Adroliv Investments Limited, which holds an 82 per cent interest in Raspadskaya. The remaining 18 per cent of Raspadskaya's shares will remain listed on the Russian Stock Exchange.