● High tea is always a delight. The Waldorf Hilton’s 1908 Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea (the Hilton was built in 1908, the same year as Mother’s Day was made official), includes a selection of old-fashioned dishes, said to be popular in the early 1900s. If a tray of Bakewell tartlet, lemon drizzle cake, a vanilla cupcake, chocolate macaroons, fruit cake, buttermilk scones with clotted cream and jam and a selection of traditional sandwiches sounds good to you, your mum will probably enjoy it too. Price: £19.08 (get it?). To book, email reservations.waldorflondon@ hilton.com, quoting MDP as reference.
● Brasserie Joel, helmed by top chef Joel Antunes, knows how to say thanks to mum. Book Sunday lunch at his restaurant in the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel London and the maternal unit gets a complimentary three course meal. For a further £85 (as opposed to the usual £125), you can snag Mum a Mandara Spa goody bag, which includes a voucher for a complimentary massage, champagne and fruit platter, as well as a free gift. To book, call 020 7620 7272, www.brasseriejoel.co.uk.
● The Four Seasons on Park Lane has one of the most beautiful spas in town: a glass enclosure with phenomenal views. The Make a Day of It package is the takes place in the spa’s magnificent Sky Suite, beginning with an 80 minute Swedish or Aromatherapy massage for two. This is followed by some relaxation time – perfect for taking in the panoramic views across the London skyline. You will then be invited to enjoy the steam room, sauna (complete with views of Hyde Park) the RainSky shower and vitality pool and depending on how energetic you’re feeling – the sky high fitness centre. Top it all off with tea and cakes at the Four Seasons Amaranto restaurant. From £385 for two people plus £150 for two monogrammed spa robes. To book call 020 7319 5480 or go to ourseasons.com/london/spa.
● The spa itself isn’t the most beautiful in the world, housed in the windowless basement of the Third Space gym, but Payot is a good French skincare brand and will make your mother glow. The mother’s day promotion includes a 30 minute back massage, 30 minute facials, ten minute scalp massage and ten minute foot massage. Includes complimentary access to the ozone treated swimming pool, steam room and sauna. £120 at the Third Space, Bulstrode Place, W1U. www.thethirdspace.com.
● K Spa in West London will offer a 30 minute shoulder and back massage and 30 minute Dry Flotation experience in the double treatment room, as well as access to London’s only “snow paradise” in K Spa’s unique wet spa (you’ll have to go to find out what “snow” is), express manicure and a glass of chilled Prosecco followed by a light spa lunch in the restaurant, Kanteen. K was named best UK Luxury Hotel Spa at the World Luxury Hotel & Spa Awards 2011. £150 for two people. K West Hotel & Spa, Richmond Way, W14. To book go to www.k-west.co.uk.