ACHARMING Grade II listed Victorian gothic lodge, located at the entrance of a 24-acre north London park and cemetery, has become available to rent this week.
East Lodge, which was built in 1855 on Willesden Lane at the entrance of Paddington Old Cemetery, was sold at auction by Brent Council in July and acquired by a local couple interested in its heritage. It has since been lovingly restored and repaired by local master craftsmen and builders Jennings and David Construction.
The property is comprised of two upstairs bedrooms and two ground floor reception rooms, with a toilet and bathroom located adjacent to the ground floor kitchen. The detached property has its own off-street entrance and has its own garden and outside space that has been landscaped and made over by Clifton Nurseries of Maida Vale. It also has open access to the park and cemetery areas.
It was originally designed by architect Thomas Little, who was the man behind the Anglican chapel in Nunhead cemetery. Today it enjoys considerable parkland space, grasslands and walkways and is a popular sanctuary for local residents, dog owners and walkers.
The property is located within half a mile of the A5 Kilburn High Road, which is a major arterial route in West London. It is also situated within 10 minutes walk of Queen’s Park and Kilburn underground station and Brondesbury Park station is close, too. Residents can also benefit from being within close proximity to fashionable Maida Vale, St John’s Wood and West Hampstead, making it ideal for commuters.
The property is available to rent for £625 per week. For more information contact Paramount Properties on 020 7644 2314 or go to paramountproperties.co.uk