City sign deal for A-League club

FOOTBALL: A consortium led by Manchester City have acquired an 80 per cent stake in Australian club Melbourne Heart. Rugby League team Melbourne Storm hold the remaining 20 per cent stake. City have vowed to boost the A-League side’s scouting and coaching resources through it’s Manchester-based City Football Academy.