Firestone updates mine study

Firestone Diamonds unveiled an updated feasibility study for the Liqhobong diamond mine in the Lesotho Highlands yesterday, which confirmed the economic viability of the project. The diamond miner owns 75 per cent of the mine, with the other 25 per cent owned by the Lesotho government. “The updated [study] has confirmed the Board’s view that Liqhobong is a world class diamond project that will yield very good returns for all of its stakeholders,” said chief executive Stuart Brown. “Our updated numbers released today further demonstrate management’s long held belief in the compelling economics of the project.”