The US has extended its controversial travel ban to include people from Chad, Venezuela and North Korea.
President Donald Trump issued a presidential proclamation late last night, with the White House saying the restrictions come off the back of a review of information sharing by foreign governments.
The restrictions come into force on 18 October.
Trump tweeted that making America safe was his "number one priority".
"We will not admit those into our country we cannot safely vet," he said.
Making America Safe is my number one priority. We will not admit those into our country we cannot safely vet.https://t.co/KJ886okyfC— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2017
Chad, Venezuela and North Korea join the list of affected countries, which already included Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya and Somalia. Sudan, which was originally on the list, has had restrictions removed. Citizens from Iraq will face "additional scrutiny" but won't face blanket bans.
The White House said the listed countries "continue to have 'inadequate' identity-management protocols, information-sharing practices, and risk factors".
Trump said that until the countries "satisfactorily address the identified inadequacies", certain conditional restrictions and limitations should be enforced.
The restrictions on Venezuelans apply solely to government officials and their family members.
Last week, Trump called for a travel ban that was "far larger, tougher and more specific" after a bomb partially exploded on a London Tube train in Parsons Green.
The travel ban into the United States should be far larger, tougher and more specific-but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 15, 2017
The travel ban has proved highly controversial, as Trump's original proposal affected six majority-Muslin countries, and a slew of legal challenges followed. It is due to be considered by the US Supreme Court in October, after being partially reinstated in July.