At least 58 people are now missing and presumed dead in the Grenfell Tower fire, police have said.
The latest update includes the 30 already confirmed to have died in the catastrophic fire in a west London tower block in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Commander Stuart Cundy said the number "may increase" and the recovery operation is likely to take weeks. He has asked for anyone who managed to escape from the building to let authorities know they are safe.
He also said: "I understand, I really do understand the fears of so many about not knowing the scale of the tragedy that is unfolding behind us. You have my absolute assurance that as soon as I can tell you something that I know to be accurate, I will tell you. The investigation will be extensive, my intention is that we will help provide answers."
The recovery operation had been paused amid concerns for the safety of emergency workers in the building, but has now resumed.
A group of Grenfell victims have visited Downing Street today and were in talks with May this afternoon.
The PM has faced criticism this week for her reaction to the Grenfell Tower tragedy for not speaking to residents on her first visit to the scene.
Separately, there are currently hundreds of people gathered at Downing Street to protest Theresa May and her proposed deal with Northern Ireland's DUP.
The latest update on Grenfell Tower comes following a solemn birthday message from the Queen.
In a message to mark her official birthday, she said: "Today is traditionally a day of celebration. This year, however, it is difficult to escape a very sombre national mood. In recent months, the country has witnessed a succession of terrible tragedies."