Hoping to use Southern rail and Gatwick Express train services over Easter?
Well, you may want to think again. As there will be some disruption to services due to engineering works planned by Network Rail.
So, there will be no Southern and Gatwick Express train services on Easter Sunday in or out of Victoria, and most Victoria services will be diverted to London Bridge, while Gatwick Express passengers will be able to use Southern and Thameslink services to and from the capital.
There are going to be rail replacement services running between Victoria and Streatham Hill/East Croydon.
Angie Doll, Southern's passenger services director said: "On Easter Sunday, passengers will still be able to get in and of London via London Bridge and Blackfriars stations. We’re sorry about the inconvenience but essential and necessary maintenance works are planned and are taking place over Easter when passenger volumes are lower than in the working week.”
Other changes to Southern and Thameslink services over the Easter bank holiday are as follows:
On Friday 14, Saturday 15 and Monday 17 April:
- Buses will replace trains between West Croydon and Epsom Downs
On Saturday 15 April:
- Gatwick Express services will run half-hourly between Victoria and Brighton calling at Gatwick Airport.
On Sunday 16 April:
- No train service into or out of London Victoria. There will be no Southern or Gatwick Express services operating from the station all day, but most Southern services will be diverted to run to/from London Bridge and Gatwick Express passengers can use Southern and Thameslink services to get into and out of London
- Buses will replace trains Barnham and Bognor Regis. However, until 9.20am, buses will also replace trains between Ford and Littlehampton
- Buses will replace trains between West Croydon and Sutton
- Until 8.50am, buses will replace Thameslink trains between St Albans and West Hampstead Thameslink