A 75-year-old man has died after a terrorist drove his car into dozens of people on Westminster Bridge on Wednesday.
The number of people who died in yesterday's terrorist attack has risen to five.
The victim died in the hospital from his injuries.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Detectives investigating the terrorist attack in Westminster on Wednesday, 22 March can confirm that a 75-year-old man died tonight, Thursday, 23 March.
“The man had been receiving medical treatment in hospital following the attack and life support was withdrawn this evening.
“Next of kin have been informed and are receiving support from specially trained family liaison officers."
The man police believe to be responsible for the terrorist attack in Westminster yesterday, Wednesday, 22 March, has now been formally identified as Khalid Masood.
According to a statement from the Metropolitan Police, Masood, aged 52, was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands. Masood was also known by a number of aliases.
The Prime Minister told the House of Commons this morning that the attacker was British-born and "known to MI5".
"Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack," the police said this afternoon.
"However, he was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.
"His first conviction was in November 1983 for criminal damage and his last conviction was in December 2003 for possession of a knife.
"He has not been convicted for any terrorism offences."