Southeastern said all services through the area will be disrupted by the derailment, with some services suspended.
A freight train has derailed in the #Lewisham area. All services through the area will be disrupted, with some services suspended— Southeastern (@Se_Railway) January 24, 2017
Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.
The rail network said there is no service on the Crayford and Sidcup route to Charing Cross or Cannonc Street, while New Eltham, Mottingham and Lee stations are closed and Dunton Green, Knockholt, Chelsfield, Grove Park, Elmstead Woods and Chislehurst stations have a very limited service.
Some will run with diversions:
- Hayes to London Charing Cross trains will run but are unable to call at Lewisham
- Trains that usually terminate at Tunbridge Wells will start from Victoria, and trains that usually start at Tunbridge Wells will be diverted to Victoria
Some evening peak services from Cannon Street will be revised:
- 17:08 Cannon Street to Dover Priory will start at Blackfriars at 17:08
- 17:30 Cannon Street to Broadstairs will start at Blackfriars at 17:30
- 17:52 Cannon Street to Broadstairs will start at Swanley at 18:16
- 18:12 Cannon Street to Ramsgate will start at Blackfriars at 18:12
Meanwhile, the following will run on normal routes:
- Hastings to Charing Cross
- Ramsgate and Dover to Charing Cross
- The Greenwich line
- The Bexleyheath line