If you were hoping to escape conversations around the EU referendum on your summer holiday this year, tough luck.
“What do you think about Brexit?” has been named by Gatwick Airport as one of the top 10 most important modern holiday phrases.
And the airport is helping UK holidaymakers to ask the question in different languages.
Gatwick has launched a new initiative to help passengers talk to locals on holiday, with a series of audio language lessons and brochures.
It names the top 10 most important holiday phrases as:
- What is the Wi-Fi password?
- Do you have a phone charger?
- Do you take contactless payment?
- Does this car have sat-nav?
- Let's take a selfie
- Are there any vegan options?
- Is there a gluten free option?
- Are you on WhatsApp?
- Where can I find a juice bar?
- What do you think about Brexit?
It came up with the phrases using the results of two surveys of more than 2,000 UK adults.
Gatwick’s translations can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/gatwick