Some 12.8 per cent of the 1,149 who made this year’s honours list were categorised as being from industry and economy.
While the founders of BrewDog may have captured a lot of the attention, technology entrepreneurs were well represented.
Here are 14 who have been honoured today:
- Dr Eben Upton, founder of Raspberry Pi (CBE)
- Sarah Wood and Scott Button, the co-founders and chief execs of Unruly (OBE)
- Saul Klein, co-founder of Seedcamp and Lovefilm (OBE)
- Alex Chesterman, founder of Zoopla (OBE)
- Deborah Wosskow, founder of Love Home Swap (OBE)
- Wendy Tan White, the co-founder and chief executive of Moonfruit (MBE)
- Barry Smith and Bonamy Grimes, the co-founders of Skyscanner (MBE)
- Rajeeb Dey, founder of Enternships (MBE)
- Ben Medlock and Jonathan Reynolds, co-founders of Swiftkey (MBE)
- Alexandra Depledge and Thomas Nimmo, co-founders of Hassle.com (MBE)
Read more: Can Unruly founder avoid the awards curse?
Unruly’s Sarah Wood said: “It’s awesome to see strong recognition for UK tech and innovation. This is a great moment to recognise the explosive growth of the UK digital economy and celebrate the vibrant ecosystem of educators, accelerators and investors, working so hard to support tech businesses as they scale.
“With a new wave of entrepreneurial ambition sweeping across the the UK, this is also an opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to encouraging and enabling the next generation of entrepreneurs to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.”