Conor McGregor: I am not retired, still ready to fight Nate Diaz at UFC 200

 
Joe Hall
Follow Joe
UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz
Source: Getty

Conor McGregor has admitted he is not retiring from UFC but has called on president Dana White to relinquish him from promotional duties.

The outspoken Irishman claimed he was leaving the sport earlier this week and was subsequently taken off UFC 200 where he was due to fight Nate Diaz on July 9.

UFC president Dana White said that he had pulled McGregor from the fight for refusing to travel to Las Vegas to take part in promotional duties.

Read more: "Retired" McGregor withdrawn from UFC 200

In response, McGregor has wrote a rambling Facebook post in which he says he asked for more to time to train ahead of the Diaz rematch, but was denied.

"I feel the $400m I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway," said McGregor.

"I am still ready to go for UFC 200. I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.

"If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.

"For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED."