Topshop’s flagship store at Oxford Circus in central London has been evacuated after a fire.
The London Fire Brigade was called to the scene, where the fire forced throngs of Saturday shoppers to leave the busy shop.
The fire, which broke out around 3.30pm, is believed to have originated on the bottom floor of the five-floor shop, where light fittings appear to have caught on fire. It’s not known how much damage has been caused, if any, but according to witnesses the fire wasn’t serious.
Shoppers report that the music system cut out followed by a tannoy message for all shoppers to leave the store.
Oxford Street Topshop's been evacuated because of a fire. Bad times for the girls with their hair mid-bleach. pic.twitter.com/U36pIqq7Y3— Hana Gannagé-Stewart (@theJournoHan) February 6, 2016
This breaking news story is being updated as more information emerges - please refresh the page for the most recent version.