We finally have lift-off.
The Federal Reserve have raised short-term interest rates for the first time in close to a decade, signalling the US economy has returned to health after the financial crisis.
But what did the world look like in June 2006, the last time a Fed rate hike happened?
If you don’t remember, take a trip down memory lane with us...
1. Prince William had just introduced his new girlfriend Kate Middleton to the world
2. Nelly Furtado’s Maneater was top of the charts
3. The first iPhone was still a year from being released
4. We were all watching Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
5. Facebook wasn’t open to the public
6. Pluto was still a planet. :’( R.I.P. Pluto