Commuter happiness hangs in the balance. Union representatives are to meet on Monday to determine whether next week's Tube strikes will go ahead, following a week of gruelling talks with transport bosses.
As things stand RMT, TSSA and Unite are expected to go ahead with the two sets of walkouts, the first of which will begin at 6.30pm on Tuesday and run throughout Wednesday, with the second starting at 6.30pm on Thursday and throughout Friday.
Aslef is not currently taking part in the strike, which means a large proportion of Tube drivers will work; however severe disruption is expected to the service for much of next week.
RMT reps will be meeting with the executive on Monday to discuss the terms being offered by Transport for London, a spokesman confirmed.
One source close to the situation said it had been “bloody slow progress” so far, but suggested the strikes could be called off on Monday.
However this was dismissed by the RMT spokesman, who said “as far as we're concerned right now, the strikes remain on.”
The strike has been called by unions who claim TfL bosses have failed to guarantee an appropriate “work-life balance” for staff when the Night Tube launches.
The 24-hour service is due to start on some lines on 12 September, however there is increasing speculation that it will miss its launch date as the stand-off over work rotas continues.
TfL has previously said it is “operationally ready” for the launch, but acknowledged that it is reliant on staff.