Talks between Tube drivers and London Underground bosses have resumed today, in a bid to avert the strike action which will bring much of London's transport network grinding to a halt for a third time.
The two sides returned to the negotiating table today following a break over the weekend and three days of continuous talks which Transport for London (TfL) described as "constructive" last week.
The RMT, TSSA and Unite unions are planning two 24-hour strikes on 25 and 27 August. Aslef, the union representing the majority of Tube drivers, will not take part in the industrial action - however, services will be affected by action from unions representing other London Underground staff.
All four unions are involved in the talks, which centre on a dispute over the introduction of the Night Tube service slated for launch on 12 September - a date that is looking increasingly unlikely as the two sides' negotiations remain unresolved.
"The talks have been progressive so far and we hope to continue them into next week in the hope of getting a fair and honourable settlement on both sides," said TSSA boss Manuel Cortes on Friday.
"There is now a framework in place to progress all the issues which hopefully means that, in the near future, Londoners will be able to benefit from the new Night Tube service. This will take time but with good will on both sides, there is hope at last that this may be resolved."
Talks are also scheduled to take place tomorrow, a TfL spokesperson told City A.M..