The Metropolitan Police will tighten security at Wimbledon over the next fortnight, following last week's terrorist attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait.
Final preparations for the tournament at the All England club were put into place at the weekend to "deliver a safe and secure Championships".
Chief superintendent Stuart Macleod said policing of the event in SW19 would be "proportionate with the current threat level", which has increased since last year to "severe" meaning an attack is "highly likely".
At the conclusion of last year's Championships, the Met's planning team started preparing for this year's tournament. We have reflected on previous operational plans and amended these where necessary to ensure we deliver a safe and secure Championships for 2015.
This year's event will be policed to a level proportionate with the current threat level. We have worked closely in partnership with the All England Club and other partner agencies to ensure the Championships can be enjoyed by all those attending.
On Saturday David Cameron warned that "many of those killed" in the attack on the Tunisian resort of Sousse, thought to have left 39 dead, were British.
"These savage terrorist attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait and France are a brutal and tragic reminder of the threat faced around the world from these evil terrorists", the Prime Minister said.
The shooting took place on the same day a man was decapitated in an attack on a factory near Grenoble, France and the bombing of a Shia mosque in Kuwait, an attack which Isis has claimed responsibility for.
Extra security measures are believed to be in place for public events in the UK after an Isis spokesperson called for followers to cause a month of "disasters for the kuffar (nonbelievers)" during Ramadan, which ends on 18th July.