Transport for London (TfL) has insisted that a third of its bus routes are still operating as normal, despite a 24-hour strike launched today by the Unite union.
Bus drivers said they wanted a single agreement to cover their pay and conditions, rather than the contracts currently issued on a company-by-company basis, which means hourly rates can vary by more than £3.
TfL said the strike will cause "significant" disruption to journeys, and advised passengers to check its website to see whether their route is affected.
Routes not affected by the strike
|66||Romford Station to Leytonstone bus station|
|142||Watford Junction to Brent Cross Shopping Centre|
|160||Catford to Sidcup Station|
|258||Watford Junction to South Harrow Station|
|268||Golders Green Station to Finchley Road|
|288||Queensbury to Broadfields Estate|
|298||Arnos Grove to Potters Bar|
|303||Edgware Station to Colindale|
|305||Edgware Station to Kingsbury Circle|
|340||Edgware Station to Harrow Bus Station|
|346||Upminster Station to Upminster Park Estate|
|370||Romford to Lakeside Shopping Centre|
|375||Romford Station to Passingford Bridge|
|404||Coulsdon to Caterham-on-the-Hill|
|406||Kingston to Epsom|
|411||Kingston to West Molsey|
|418||Kingston to Epsom|
|428||Erith to Bluewater Shopping Centre|
|463||Coulsdon South Station to Pollards Hill|
|465||Kingston to Dorking|
|467||Hook to Epsom|
|470||Colliers Wood Station to Epsom|
|492||Sidcup Station to Bluewater Shopping Centre|
|499||Gallows Corner to Heath Park Estate|
|626||Finchley Central Station to Potters Bar|
|628||Kingsbury to Southgate Station|
|631||Golders Green Station to Henrietta Barnett School|
|641||West Molesey to Teddington School|
|642||West Hendon Broadway/Edgware Station to London Academy|
|653||Muswell Hill Broadway to Kingsbury|
|683||Friern Barnet to Kingsbury|
|688||Southgate Station to Kingsbury|
|B12||Erith to Joydens Wood|
|B13||Bexleyheath Shopping Centre to New Eltham Station|
|B15||Bexleyheath Shopping Centre to Horn Park|
|E10||Northolt to Ealing Broadway Station|
|H2||Golders Green Station circular (via Hampstead Garden Suburb)|
|H3||Golders Green Station to East Finchley, Hilltop|
|H18||Harrow Bus Station circular (via Pinner & Wealdstone)|
|H19||Harrow Bus Station circular (via Wealdstone & Pinner)|
|K5||Ham to Morden Station|
|S1||Banstead to Lavender Fields|
|S3||Sutton Hospital to Malden Manor Station|
|X26||West Croydon to Heathrow Airport|
TfL's advice to passengers
- Bus and tram season tickets and free Oyster travelcards are being accepted on the Tube, DLR and London Overground. Passengers should show their Oyster cards to members of staff and ask to be let through the gates. Don't touch in or out - you'll be charged a Pay as You Go fare.
- The same tickets will be accepted on the Thames Clipper RB1 River Bus service - but only during peak hours. That's 6am-10am and 4.30pm-7.30pm.
- However, they won't be accepted on National Rail Services or the Emirates Air Line.
- One day bus and tram tickets won't be accepted on any alternative route.
- Pay as You Go and contractless users will be charged the appropriate fare for the journey for the service(s) and zones they pass through. Those fares won't be refunded. Find out more here.